International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (IPRS)2013, Murdoch University Australia
For International Students International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (IPRS) is availble.
International student who are interested and want to undertake a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Doctor of Education (EdD) or Master by Research (MPhil) and includes tuition fees, health insurance premiums and a living allowance.
Scholarships are based on Merritt, Potential/or Research Experience . Applicants should possess an honors degree (at least upper second-class honors) or equivalent.
Deadline: 30 Sep 2013.
Proficiency Requirement : Applicant have to Provide English Language Proficiency evidence of having achieved Murdoch University English language proficiency requirements.These requirements are IELTS (International English Language Testing System) – 6.5 (no individual band less than 6.0) or TOEFL (Test Of English as a Foreign Language/ internet based) – Minimum score of 90 with no band less than 20. Exceptions include Nursing and Education which have an IELTS requirement of 7.0.
Applicants Ineligible for Scholarship:
- New Zealand citizens or permanent residents.
- International applicants who have completed a degree at the same or higher level.
- International applicants who have commenced the degree prior to 1 January and who are seeking an award commencing in the year starting 1 January unless the applicant can establish that they were unable to apply for an award commencing in the previous year.
- International applicants who are currently studying on a scholarship sponsored by AUSAID or have just completed study on such a scholarship. These students are required to return to their home country for at least one year before returning to Australia.
- Applicants who have held a Studentship previously, unless it was terminated within three months of the commencement of benefits.
- International applicants who are in receipt of another equivalent award, scholarship or salary to undertake the proposed study (an ‘equivalent’ stipend would be regarded as one greater than 75% of the base studentship stipend rate). Income earned from sources unrelated to the course of study is not subject to the 75% rule.
- Murdoch University provides a living allowance of AUD $26,200 per annum (2013 rate).
- Health Insurance.
- Travel and relocation costs.
- Access to a conference travel allowance once during the course of their degree.
The award is for a maximum of three years for PhD and EdD studies and two years for MPhil. An extension of up to 6 months may be granted for PhD candidates.
How to apply
You must indicate that you would like to be considered for IPRS on your International Student Application for Admission & Scholarship.
Deadline: 30 Sep 2013
For Further Information Visit www.murdoch.edu.au/Research-capabilities/Future-research-students/Admission-and-scholarships/International-student-scholarships/International-Postgraduate-Research-Studentship/