Apply in HEC Commonwealth Scholarship 2019 in UK for Masters and PhD. Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the United Kingdom has announced the scholarships for the Master level programs in different fields given below. These scholarships are offered to the students of developing countries by the participating institutes and universities of the UK. The aim of this scholarship is to benefit the bright needy students from the postgraduate studies and participate in the development of their home countries. Awards made under this scheme are jointly funded by the Department for International Development (DFID), as part of the UK international development program to developing countries, and participating institutions in the UK. The scheme is administered by the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC), whose secretariat is provided by The Association of Commonwealth Universities, Woburn House, 20-24 Tavistock Square, London, WC1H 9HF, UK. For 2020 62 universities have offered to support the scholarships by contributing the stipend for the students from their own resources, or those which the university has been able to generate from elsewhere.
Level of Study:
Awards are for taught Masters & Ph.D. courses only. No awards will be made for undergraduate or doctoral study.
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
The deadline is in the year 2019. Candidates should note that they should forward their nominations to the CSC no later than 30th September 2019.
Duration of Programme:
The duration of the scholarship program is one year for Master & three years for Ph.D. starting from fall 2020.
Application and selection:
- To apply for HEC Commonwealth Scholarship 2020 in UK for Masters and PhD every applicant need to register online at https://eportal.hec.gov.pk/hec-portal-web/auth/login.jsf.
- At the HEC Web Portal you need to first create your account and then apply for the relevant programme.
- The last date to apply is 30th September 2019.
For more information about the scholarship visit :